When I began writing my blog in August, I was using it as a selfish gift to myself, a mechanism to capture various events and activities that add the seasoning to my life and to create a discipline that would result in writing more regularly. As with any new interest that I begin I have discovered that there is more to blogging than that and as I have ventured forth I've discovered a "blogging underground" with dedicated, interesting, like-minded people who connect regularly, following each other's posts, sharing ideas, comments, encouragement, and in doing so creating a virtual community. One way they do this is by joining various "challenges" where they commit to linking together and sharing regular posts on a specific topic.
Since I love to read and I love Italy and I love to write I decided to try one and will be participating in the
"Italy in Books" challenge. I will commit to read 12 books during the year, fiction or non-fiction, that are set in Italy and then post a review of the book. This challenge is being "hosted" by Brighton Blogger, on her
Book After Book reading blog. It is open to anyone...blogger or non-blogger, and the information is located
here.
 |
| My shelves of books on Italy! |
I have four shelves of a bookcase filled with books, already read or to-be-read, that are either set in or about Italy. To read one book a month for the coming year...now that is a New Year's Resolution I will thoroughly enjoy!
It sounds quite interesting!
ReplyDeleteRosaria...if nothing else, I will get some suggestions for reading! Like I need more books. :-)
ReplyDeleteyou have that many books about Italy (or based in Italy) that you have not read???
ReplyDeleteMimi...yes, I have more than 12 books that I have not read, but the shelves hold many more than that...some that you and I have even talked about! So many books...so little time. Buon Natale!
ReplyDeletePatricia sei straordinaria e piena di energie .Leggere fa bene perchè nutre l'anima così come il buon cibo nutre il corpo . Sono sicura che troverai il tempo per leggere tutti i libri della tua libreria così da tenere sempre in buona salute la mente .
ReplyDeleteGrazie per le informazioni !
Tanti auguri a tutti .