Today we had to park in the back lot and I saw a huge group of people in the Annex Aerobic Room with lively, hip-hop type music vibrating out the door. Someone nearby told me it was the Line-Dancing Class.
Now, I have a mental stereotype of line-dancers...elderly Seniors in a Senior Center, wearing cowboy hats, Western skirts and boots. I didn't have a camera, but close your eyes and picture a room packed with about 60 people...all ages, all sizes, all shapes, all colors, all genders...swinging arms, jiggling butts, smiling, laughing...I went in! Immediately a line made space for me and a man next to me started giving me "asides" of instructions...."grapevine left", "step right", "cha-cha-cha left", "you got it!"
Song after song, dance after dance, I could feel my heart rate increasing but I was having fun. After a while, I was in the groove. I made new friends...Elaine, Gail, Malcolm (my guardian angel). Our instructor, Bubba, a large black man with tattoos on his arms and legs and a gold earring had limitless energy. Before I knew it time had flown by and I was sure Jay was waiting in the car. I whispered a thanks to my new friends when Malcolm reached out and gave me a happy high-five, saying...."Come back, Patricia....You Are a Dancer!"
No matter how old we are, how wrinkled our skin, our body still glows with a compliment!!

You are the active one, Pat. Good for you and good for Jay dragging you to these "exotic" places. Although I have been a dancer most of my life, I have not tried line dancing. It looks like fun, though. I so enjoy your postings. My love to the family!
ReplyDeleteDick
Oh, you are so inspiring with your dance classes and excursions here and there. Go on and keep these classes going. Your body and soul will thank you now and later too.
ReplyDeleteYou exhaust me!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou have a lot of energy, I barely go anywhere except for schools. It sound so much fun that I wish I was there too.
ReplyDeleteI went to line dancing classes the last year I was in the Uk. I loved it and it is excellent exercise!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you have found a new hobby, one of my friends in the UK recently started doing this and says it is great fun and something she never thought she would enjoy.
ReplyDelete