Time flies when you are having fun! Last August 6th I wrote a blogpost about anticipating the arrival of my third grandchild, Gino Bossie
Altieri. At the time, Gino was about the
size of a banana, weighing about 1 pound.
And now, here we are just about 4 weeks away from his arrival into our
arms!
Having a new baby galvanizes a family. Everyone on both sides of Gino’s family is
caught up in the excitement. On
Saturday Milli, Charlotte’s Aunt Vickee Turner and I hosted a Couples’ Baby Shower for a little over 40 close family and friends.
![]() |
| Milli, Vickee, Charlotte, Patricia |
We ate,
![]() |
| I interrupted the football game to call everyone to the table! |
![]() |
| A buffet spread... |
![]() |
| Fantastic cake from Vickee! |
we laughed,
![]() |
| Have you ever heard of "pee-pee teepees!" |
we told stories, played games
![]() |
| Milli showing items for the game, "The Price Is Right!" |
![]() |
| Uncle Joey and Kimberly putting down their guesses. |
We watched Marc and Charlotte open a multitude of gifts.
![]() |
| Since this is my blog, I can put in the picture of the Converse booties I knitted that were part of my gift! |
The most touching moment for me was when
Michael handed over the family cradle to Marc.
This cradle has rocked the family babies for almost 100 years. Legend has it my mother was rocked in it
after her birth in 1916. I know I and my siblings all occupied it. All three of my sons were rocked in it. And both of my grandsons, Nikolas and Gabriel
were in it. I never knew what a
bassinette was…I thought everyone had cradles.
It fit so nice next to the bed and if the infant stirred all I had to do
was reach out and give it a gentle push.
![]() |
| The cradled outfitted with wonderful bedding by Mike and Milli with a picture of Marc when he was in the cradle. |
Now Gabriel passed it on to his new cousin, Gino.
Just as Marc and Charlotte are preparing their house for
Gino, I am preparing my “nest!”
Gino’s
Drawer is labeled and waiting for spare clothes and toys.
I have newborn size diapers and wipes.
I have a Burl Ives CD of some of my favorite
children’s songs…like “The Little White Duck!”
The little Travel Lite bed is set up for his crib, right next to the
rocking chair.
And so we wait. I know the day will come when we can't remember what it was like without Gino in our midst, but for the moment we wait. How fortunate we are, that in the midst of times that can seem out-of-control, the world in turmoil and uncertainty, we can close the door on all of it and be reminded that a new baby is like the beginning of all things. A new baby is a wonder. A new baby is a hope for the future and a dream of possibilities. A new baby fills a place in our heart that we never knew was empty.
Gino, the world and the family is ready for you. Our arms and our hearts are wide open. You are sooooo wanted!!















A new baby is such a joy!
ReplyDeleteEvery grandmother who reads this will understand exactly what you mean...it is such a special time. Enjoy it to the max!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh how I miss babies especially since our oldest grandchild is 26 and the youngest is 3 with 5 more in between. Gino is so lucky to have you as his grandmother. What a blessing for all.
ReplyDeleteI can feel the excitement! Yes, indeed, a new baby changes everything and everyone. Enjoy.
ReplyDeleteAll the very best to all of you. xx
ReplyDelete