Saturday, December 15, 2018

I Am A Blessed Woman - Life in 2018

It has been months since I have posted a blog.  I guess that means I "have a life!"  The other day Charlotte told me that she laughs when someone will comment on how nice it is for her to have a mother-in-love who is so available to her to help out with the kids. She said they think I am just sitting around the house waiting for her to call.  She told them she has to calendar her needs in advance so they get on my calendar!

As December 31st approaches, I consider how fortunate Jay and I are to have such a rich life...rich in people we love, good friends, good health, stimulating activities and beautiful setting in Southern California.  Here are the highlights of the year for us and for our family.

This year:
Jay and I traveled... to Seattle, Montreal, Quebec, Athens and the Greek Isles.

I stopped coloring my hair and claimed my natural color.

Gabriel made a touchdown!

Jessie started attending Annie’s Newport Academy at Phases.

Joe continued to grow his dog-boarding business in Acton with a special emphasis on dog rescue.

Marc continued to grow his business with new clients (Indian Motorcycle), moved to new quarters and traveled to Germany and Italy for clients.

Mike is in his 24th season working with the LA Kings/AEG and received a promotion to Vice President, Marketing, Communications and Content.

Gabriel got his driver’s license.

I started training to be a Los Serreno Docent at the PV Interpretive Center.

Gino transitioned to a Montessori Preschool.

I attended Michelle Obama’s Book Tour “Becoming” with Milli and Charlotte.

Had “Mondays with Mima” every week with Gino and Jessie.

We acquired a Chinese Grandson when Phoenix arrived as a foreign exchange student to Mike and Milli’s.

I rode on the Goodyear Blimp with my brother, Fred.

Jay bought new golf clubs!

I made seat-covers for our golf cart.

Walked and talked regularly with my BFF Cindy.  Better than the best therapist!! She keeps me honest.


We attended Water Aerobic classes

Jay and I finally took care of our "last wishes" and made our cremation arrangements!

Gabriel had his first “hockey fight” and received a 2 game suspension.

Attended Grandparents Day with Gabriel and Phoenix.

I joined a Writers' Group.

We participated in Omnilore classes and the Omnilore Curriculum committee.

I knit 15 items.

I read 70 Books and continued to participate in our Best Sellers' Book Group.

So I would say we squeezed every ounce of goodness, happiness and love out of our 365 days while making a real effort to only focusing on the positive and sweeping away the negative. (Yes, there was negative too!)  Thank you to all of you who are part of the fabric of our lives. 

I am a blessed woman!


No comments:

Post a Comment